Antique Russian Cossack Caucasian Sword Kindjal 19th Century Caucasus
A good quality authentic antique 19th century Russian Cossack's / Caucasian sword Kindjal.
DETAILS: A finely hand forged broad tapering double-edged blade of a classical form showing on the surface laminations pattern. Each face cut with off-centered fullers and struck at the forte with the maker's mark. A hilt fitted with a pair of shaped grip-scales secured to the blade's tang by two domed iron rivets.
Overall length: 55.3 cm (21.77 inches)
Length of the blade: 41.8 cm (16.46 inches)
Width of the blade: 4.8 cm (1.89 inches)
CONDITION: Showing the age and usage, blade with a dark patina, slightly bent with nicks.
All of this is an aspect of a used antique combat sword that is over 100 years old.
Please see the photos as they are a part of the description.
(1) "Weapons of the Caucasian nations" By E.Astvacaturyan.
(2) "Caucasian Arms from the State Hermitage Museum St.Petersburg" by Yurij A.Miller.
(3) "Edged Weapons in the collection of the Russian Museum of Ethnography."
(4) "Les Armes Cosaques et Caucasiennes" by Laroslav Lebedynsky.
(5) "Chechen Arms" by Isa Askhabow.
(6) "The edged weapons of the Kuban Cossacks" by Boris Frolov.
We will also provide the buyer with photocopies of the pages from the mentioned references together with a certificate of authenticity.